Today I was still feeling daunted by my inability to sew that curve. Also, I really didn’t want to take out the stitches I would have to in order to fix my problem (I may not have a lot of experience sewing, but I have enough to know how much I HATE taking out stitches). Additionally the dress was turning out a bit bigger and heavier than I was hoping. Consequently I decided to embark on a different project – one with nice straight lines that would build my sewing confidence that would in turn allow me to attack that dress again tomorrow.
I did some online searching and found this awesome tutorial for a pillowcase dress. It looked simple, adorable, and a perfect project. I then made some measurements and cut my pieces.
The ironing and sewing actually went really fast (love sewing those straight lines!). After a little over an hour I had a completed dress!
I of course made “G” model the dress and she was of course adorable!
It feels good to have a finished product!
Tomorrow I will try to fix the first dress I attempted and start a project for “I”.